For this summer it’s all about white nails and Orange Lips. I picked up these two orange beauties from MAC last weekend to wear to a wedding with a bright blue dress.
I was SHOCKED that I liked the orange on me, but the colors I chose were subtle enough that I didn’t feel like a clown wearing them. Not totally ready to commit? Start with just a gloss!
Cremesheen Lipstick in Saigon Summer - a frosty orange
Cremesheen Glass in Rising Sun – beautiful bright sheer orange
(taken after a VERY long day… hence the dark circles)
White nails are big for summer, and a favorite sixties throw-back trend of mine. Two polishes to try:
Color Club in “Mod in Manhattan” – this is very opaque and therefore SUPER thick. It takes a bit longer to dry so don’t rush it!
Essie “Waltz” is turning into my go to color as it’s a soft sheer white. (Toes are Essie Flirt)
Who knew that a wire brush could help create bombshell lashes? CoverGirl’s latest Mascara, Flamed Out, gives major volume with a new brush designed to coat your lashes better and make them bigger. Score! Found for under $7 at Target.
You know the drill- the best defense against aging is to wear SPF religiously…. and exercise, and eat good-clean-organic food, drink loads of water and maybe even some red wine…
So back to the SPF part: Now that the weather is warmer who doesn’t want to be outside more? Here’s a list of my favorite Moisturizers with SPF (since i’m lazy and usually like the dual product):
- Murad’s Perfecting Day Cream Broad Spectrum with SPF 30| PA+++ – This tube regularly finds itself in my shopping basket because of it’s fabulous moisturizing properties, high SPF technology, and the fact that it absorbs quickly. Great for daily use year round here in San Francisco!
- Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer with SPF 20 – born out of San Francisco, this algae based cream combines Viatmin C plus Alguronic Acid (think hyaluronic acid but derived from algae) to protect your skin while restoring it at the same time. It’s a spendier option, but worth the splurge if you can do it.
- Anthelios 60 Melt-in Sunscreen Milk from La Roche-Posay – i am SO happy that La Roche-Posay was made available in the states a few years ago. This sunscreen is dual purpose: cool to use on your face and body. It is the sole sunscreen I’ve found that doesn’t feel like pasty goop (which my guy LOVES – not) and it’s all I used on a recent trip to Ixtapa, Mexico. No breakouts or clogged pores from that trip! I use it outside of vacation time too; it works great as a daily moisturizer.
These are some of my favorite moisturizers with SPF- what are yours?
I am currently suffering from massive dry lips (bad reaction to another product) and I just remembered this tube called “Dr. Lipp“ came in a recent Birchbox (btw- if you haven’t signed up yet DO IT!).
The balm is fantastically thick and moisturizing- however not goopy. It’s like putting a falvorless protective layer between your lips and the world.
Natural Lanolin helps to create the healing and hydrating balm. Free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates it’s one of the safest products to use on your lips, cuticles, dry skin, rashes, scars, sunburn… I might have even used this on a cut too… LOVE IT!
Don’t own it? Grab it from Birchbox, Sephora or Amazon. Stop reading and go purchase since the weekend is almost over.
It is time to break out the shorts! Summer will have officially arrived this coming weekend and I couldn’t be more excited!!
In order for your legs and under arms to be properly prepared you need a stellar razor. My favorite is the Schick Hydro Silk (disposable and refillable options available) which contains 5 blades to get the job done in one easy swipe.
- A Moisturizing Serum included helps to keep your legs soft and silky post shave
schick hydro silk razor
- The 5 Blades are flexible and bend to all of your unique curves… which helps give a close shave!
- Skin Guards surround the blades to prevent irritation
- The Oval Cartridge shape allows for a comfortable shave in all areas
Pair this razor with your favorite shave cream (here’s mine) and you’ll be all set for the Memorial Day BBQ’s. Don’t forget your sunblock!
Hay fever has been outrageous here in the Bay Area this year, and I find myself using more and more concealer… as well as more and more netti pots! Thankfully, Mary Kay sent me some goodies to help me look my best no matter how sneezey I feel.
- TimeWise Repair Eye Renewal Cream- my first eye cream with a metal applicator that feels incredibly cool and soothing to the touch; this is certainly something that helps depuff my eyes in the morning and tighten the skin! It’s a few favorite.
- Mary Kay Concealer- helps camouflage the dark circles and my irritated nose
- Facial Highlighting Pen- in my opinion this is more of a lightening product than a brightener because there is no shimmer to it. The pen has been great for me to use in addition to concealer and on top of my cheekbones to really hide any redness well.
- TimeWise Moisture Renewing Gel Mask- this mask has performed miracles where tissues have destroyed my face (i don’t care how much “lotion” is supposedly in there!!). It is both soothing and cooling; containing chamomile extract and the uber powerful antioxident acai berry extra.
So Becca Cosmetics created a tubing mascara called The Ultimate Mascara. Truth be told- I don’t think the formula is quite right yet. I experienced serious flaking every time I wore it, even the first time. Pass on this one for now my fellow mascara junkies.
xoxo happy Friday!
I LOVE the look of liquid liner on my eyes. It always intensifies them and adds major drama to whatever makeup I have on- and Eyeko has a skinny liner that makes application completely goof-proof.
The applicator is super fine, and just firm enough to allow for precise control when sculpting a cat eye. Right now it’s available in five colors and you can grab it from Birchbox or Sephora here in the US. Line your lids with this and finish with a good mascara and red gloss = sexy lady.
The secret to a perfect long lasting manicure is ALL in the base and top coat. the best pair I’ve found is from the uber chic brand, Butter London: Nail Foundation Base Coat plus Hardware P.D. Quick Top Coat.
The basecoat gives the perfect nude canvas for your colored-polish to stick to. Want to be super fabulous? Don’t use any color and throw the top coat over the base for the cleanest mani you will ever give yourself. And….. i bet you are wondering what P.D. stands for…. wait for it…… Pretty Darn Quick top coat dries lickity-split so that you don’t need to spend a half hour waiting to dry before going about your day.
Happy Friday folks! Get thee outside this weekend- just don’t forget your sunscreen (and bronzer!)
Butter London Base and Top Coat